Saturday, July 21, 2007

Scalloped Potatoes

I didn't notice that this picture was so bad until it was uploaded and I only had the one. I apologize.

Tonight I tried out the scalloped potatoes recipe from Vive le Vegan! They have a really good flavor and lots of sauce. It doesn't taste like cheese to me but for some reason it totally sums up what I expect scalloped potatoes to taste like. Sounds kind of odd, I know. I would definitely make these again for a big Sunday dinner or holiday feast.

Along side our scalloped potatoes is the obvious corn and peas. The ugly patty is actually a pretty tasty soy sausage and the bean salad medley is from a Trader Joe's can (it's one of our favorites)

I recommend Dreena Burton once again.

1 comment:

veganmomma said...

So the scalloped potatoes are good? I've thought of making them, when the right time arises. Sounds good.
And in case you were ever considering it, the restaurant Madras Cafe (all vegetarian) is not worth it. The people who worked there weren't helpful and didn't know what items were vegan, etc. We were so disappointed since we had heard some good things about it.