Friday, July 27, 2007

Everyday Dish

I finally broke down and bought the Everyday Dish DVD. I've heard so many good things about the recipes that were included on this DVD I couldn't resist any longer.

Today I made the Vegan Chicken Cutlets by Bryanna Clark Grogan. When they were done I cut them into nugget size pieces and dredged them in whole wheat pastry flour, then soy milk, then bread crumbs. After that I fried them in a thin layer of canola oil. They were very tasty with a bit of ketchup to dip them in.

I also made the Chocolate Mint Melties by Dreena Burton. Dreen sure does know her cookies. Actually, I don't think I've ever had a bad recipe from her. These were great. They have two different sources of mint. You use a little bit of mint extract and you also use a chopped up bar of mint dark chocolate.

Joe has stolen my camera for his pilgrimage to Comic Con. So unless he's home before everything is gobbled up, I'm not going to have any pictures.

I highly recommend this DVD.

1 comment:

ZebraBelly: said...

Maybe he saw Alex there. I am a Comic Con widow all weekend. Pft.