Thursday, May 17, 2007

Vegan Banana Muffins


I like to buy a ton of bananas and freeze them to have on hand for smoothies. The kids, Ramsey mostly, have been such banana fiends lately that even when I buy extra they are gone before they are to the stage where I would freeze them.

Today when we were at Tierra Miguel strawberry picking I saw that they had super ripe bananas on sale. I bought 7 pounds of bananas for $2. I froze most of them but wanted to make some banana muffins to have around. I'm totally tired and didn't want to look in any of my cookbooks so I just Googled for a recipe. I came across this and tried it out. http://www.calorie-count.com/recipe/40111.html

I was out of plain applesauce so I used berry applesauce. I skipped out on the vanilla, cinnamon and allspice. They have a wholesome sweet flavor. I think nuts would probably make them a little better. The batter puffs up but the muffins themselves don't get any bigger while cooking. I used a mini-muffin pan and baked for about 13 minutes.

All and all, they're alright. I like them well enough. I'm sure the kids will eat them. I'll probably not come back to this recipe again.

No comments: