Thursday, May 17, 2007

Tortilla Soup


Tonight for dinner I made the Tortilla Soup from The Vegan Family Cookbook. It was pretty easy for when you are in a hurry. It takes shortcuts like using salsa instead of tomatoes and all the seasonings. Pretty good flavor. The recipe calls for mild salsa but I used medium. It was a touch spicy for the kids. Also, they have you cut up corn tortillas and put them in plain. Next time I will bake or fry them until they are crispy. Soggy tortillas aren't that great. I also added extra corn to the kids bowls. It helped cool it down and my kids aren't really interested in all of the onions and bell peppers.

We had guacamole and chips on the side. Hmmm, I should have put some shredded vegan cheese on top.

I'd make it again on a night when we were hungry and didn't have much time.

No comments: