Monday, May 28, 2007

Indian Potatoes and Cauliflower


Tonight for dinner I used a recipe from The Vegetarian Meat and Potatoes Cookbook. I checked this book out of the library so that I could test out some of the recipes before I committed to buying it for my own library. The title says vegetarian but all of the recipes have vegan options.

The recipe I made tonight was the Indian Potatoes and Cauliflower. I'm not a big coconut milk fan and this recipe does call for a 1/2 cup. It was a very mild coconut flavor and I wasn't put off at all.

I also made chapatis from this recipe http://www.indianfoodsco.com/Recipes/breads.htm I have never made chapatis before but things turned out well. It is a little labor intensive but worth the effort. I only let my dough sit for 30-45 minutes because I hadn't planned ahead of time to make them. Everything went very smoothly.

The only changes I would make to this meal would be to make a more fragrant rice next time.

No comments: