Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Rolled Tacos and Mexican Relish


Tonight for dinner I made rolled tacos filled with soy crumbles and Mexican relish. I don't know if there is another name for the relish, it's not exactly a salsa. My friend Theresa gave me the recipe but it's something you can change each time.

Today's relish had a can of pinto beans, a can of corn, 1/2 an onion, a bell pepper, and one avocado. It is seasoned with cumin, red pepper flakes, garlic salt, and fresh ground pepper. I would have liked tomato but ran out.

There is plenty of relish left snack on for the next few days. I have a bag of tortilla chips set aside to accompany the leftovers. This is one of our favorites and we eat it pretty often.

2 comments:

veganmomma said...

what kind of "soy crumbles" do you use. just curious...maybe something i hadn't thought of.

lao80 said...

I used Yves. I want to try making my own with TVP.

We've also stuff falutas/rolled tacos with a mashed potato, onion mixture. They were really good.