Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Broccoli Pasta and assorted goodies

The name is rather uninspiring but Broccoli Pasta is one of our favorite dinners. I like to use the colored noodles but just about any will work. While the noodles are boiling I saute a chopped up onion in olive oil. At the halfway point before the noodles are done I throw the broccoli in with them. Five minutes later every thing is done. We drain the pasta and broccoli, mix it together with the onion, and add a bit more olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and there you have it. Tonight I sprinkled a little bit of nutritional yeast on top also. Everyone in our house loves it.


I also tried out two recipes from La Dolce Vegan. I made Mom's
Chocolate Pudding and Staphine's White Diamond Cookies. The pudding was excellent. While it was cooking it seemed such a light color that I thought the flavor would be very bland. It tasted just like the pudding cups. The recipe was very quick and easy to follow. I ended up with 4 of those little ramekins. I'm pretty sure I spent under ten minutes from start to finish on the pudding. Then it just had to cool in the fridge for a minimum of two hours. I do recommend leaving a gap on whatever you cover the pudding with. There was a bit of water from the condensation around the pudding but it drained off and didn't ruin the flavor or texture.

The cookies were not that great, I'm sad to say. They didn't have
enough chocolate flavor or peanut butter flavor. They had a cakey consistency and the white chocolate chips didn't really do much to jazz up the final product. I suppose the recipe could be tweaked but it doesn't really seem worth it. There are so many great chocolate, peanut butter, or chocolate peanut butter cookie recipes out there that I wouldn't bother wasting my time.


So, we had the old stand by, a new favorite and a dud.

I have no idea what the hell is up with the layout.

No comments: