Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes

I love all types of breakfast food from pancakes to porridge. I have no idea where I picked up this recipe but it's a good one. The recipe yields about a dozen average sized pancakes. I substitute whole wheat pastry flour given how healthy of a mood I'm in. So, here you go.

Blueberry Pancakes

2 cups flour
3 Tlb. sugar
3 Tlb. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3 Tlb. oil
2 cups soymilk
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the soymilk and oil and mix until well combined. Then add the blueberries and stir.

Drop spoonfuls of batter onto a hot greased griddle and cook approximately 3 minutes on each side.

I'm not sure how these would do as waffles but I'm totally willing to try it out.

No comments: