Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Vegan Avalanche Bark

All right, I couldn't wait until tomorrow to try and get something up. I'm going to try one picture per post so that if it doesn't work I won't have spent to much time.

The is a store called Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory here in San Diego. I'm not sure if it's only in California or not. In my prevegan days Avalanche Bark was one of my favorite treats. The first time I had it I was in love. I also thought that it was way to expensive and that I could easily make it myself. I was correct and it was easy to duplicate.

Now with Hannah's white chocolate and Sweet & Sara marshmallows it's just as easy for me to make a vegan version. You can be very loose with your measurements and add and subtract based on what you like.
Vegan Avalanche Bark

double recipe of Hannah's white chocolate
3 Tlb peanut butter
4 Sweet & Sara marshmallows, chopped
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup crispy rice cereal

While the white chocolate is still melted mix in the peanut butter. Once the white chocolate and peanut butter are well mixed stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased bread pan. Cool in the fridge and then cut into squares.

For a prettier look you can line a mini muffin pan and pour the bark into the papers. Then you end up with the little peanut butter cup shape.

1 comment:

aTxVegn said...

Those look terrific! No wonder you loved them.