Thursday, April 10, 2008

Back log

This is only half of the back log of posts I've needed to make. Our condo was fumigated and we were kicked out from Sunday evening until Wednesday afternoon. That was not fun. I honestly don't have the energy to explain everything that sucked about it without getting upset. Let's just leave it at IT SUCKED.

I have no idea what day I made this but it's Pureed Chickpea Pasta Sauce with Fresh Herbs from Vive. The kids did not like this pasta dish but Joe and I thought that it was pretty good. It was actually much better then I was expecting. There's not a overpowering bean taste. I'll try making it again. I think I used soba noodles.
The Very Best Chocolate Chip Cookies from Raising Veg Children. These were very good and my favorite crunchy-ish texture. The only sweetener used is maple syrup but they still don't have much of a maple taste. I think I like these better then Dreena Burton's Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies. Supercharge Me Cookies might still be better, though.
Polenta Casserole from edbv. This dish was ok, I guess. The flavor wasn't bad but the mouth feel wasn't great for me. It's somewhat mushy even if you let the polenta get crispy. We had guests over for dinner and they didn't really think it was anything wonderful either.
Native Ch'i's (nondairy cheese) from The Native Foods Restaurant Cookbook. This was easy to put together and made a large batch. I liked the texture and flavor for tacos and burritos but not for nachos. There is a slightly sour note but it's creamy and cooling in a sour cream way.
And the reason I made the Native Ch'i's was to go with the Tijuana Tacos, also from Native Foods. These were good, everyone seemed pleased with the results. I think I like the nachos better but these were good and I'd make them again.
Behind the taco is Bean & Corn Tortilla Lasagna with Avocado from edbv. Always a favorite at our house and very quick and easy to put together. The rice recipe I adapted from something else and it turned out really well. I've since lost the paper I wrote the directions on, during the fumigation packing upheaval. I'm sure I can recreate it. mumblemumbledamnitmumble.

That's all for now. I still have no photo editing software Joe and so it's a pain to upload so many pictures. Hopefully I'll be caught up by the end of the weekend.

1 comment:

Kata said...

Hi,
can you please help me with the recipe of Native Ch'i's? I would really love to make it but the book you mentioned it was taken from is not availabla in Hungary :o)
Thanks a lot!!!
Kata ( jakab.kata at nagyfam.hu )