Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Catch up

I've finally got all of my photo software uploaded again! So, I have a lot of photos to post. First I'll show all the lovely eats at our monthly potluck. This was a week and a half ago.

Here are the sweets that I made. I was trying to use up a lot of my baking stuff so that I wouldn't have to bag it during the fumigation of our condo. I made tiramisu cupcakes, Jam Thumbprints from More Great Good Dairy-free Desserts Naturally, and cream puffs. The cream puffs ended up not working out so we just at the pudding that would have been inside.
Here is my super tasty looking plate of food.
Kelli brought some awesome taco salad. Growing up we only ever had taco salad with 1,000 island dressing. Even now I make vegan 1,000 island for our taco salad at home. I never thought that I'd like it with another type of dressing. I was wrong! This was super.
I think Natalie made this tofu scramble but I'm not 100% sure.
Sara made this very tasty quinoa salad. It was great by itself and on tortilla chips. I want to make this for myself.
Again, I'm pretty sure this was Natalie. This is the Hashbrown Casserole from edbv. I always look at that recipe and want it but when I buy the tempeh it sits in my fridge until it goes bad. Natalie is awesome and used Julie Hasson's Spicy Italian Sausage instead of tempeh. This was my favorite dish. I liked it so much I made it for dinner the next night.
This cranberry sauce went with the Hashbrown Casserole.
My sweet plate. A Tickled Pink cookie, not my fav but I'm not really into sugar cookies. The kids loved them. Banana bread, a pineapple carrot muffin, tiramisu cupcake and vanilla pudding. I liked the jam thumbprint cookies best of the sweets.
A flat bread that I can't remember the name of.
And the awesome bean dip for the flat bread. I should have wrote it down.

This was a great potluck and I really loved having a lot more savory dishes this time instead of the sweet breakfast stuff. The savories were my favorite part. We're thinking about doing a theme so that it'll be easier to come up with ideas. Greek, Italian, Chinese...... You get the idea. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks fabulous. .. gotta try that hashbrown casserole!