Thursday, March 13, 2008

Vacation: Day 4

I'm tired. Very, very tired. I don't really have any good pictures from today. Joe went on a brewery tour and the kids and I went to Union Square. We had a good time going in book shops and toy stores. Then we tried to find a restaurant and got lost in the ghetto. I don't mean jokingly 'it was ghetto'. I mean it smelled like pee and s**t. I lost count of how many people were talking to themselves. There were guys selling DVD's out of a dirty bag. A lady on her lunch break saw me looking at a map (which I suck at reading) and asked if I needed help. She then pointed out to me that I was in a really crappy area. The drug dealers totally didn't clue me in.

After we got unlost and made it back to Market Street, without having lunch, we went to the mall to have lunch. I was a little to frazzled to search for anything else. It was getting to late to go to Zeum or the Science Museum but we did go to Yerba Buena gardens and Metreon.

For dinner we went to Dosa over in Mission. I took pictures. It looks like every other Indian food you've ever seen. It was good.

The parking gods shined on me again back at the hotel. Now I'm laying here in a drooling stupor. I am having fun on this trip. I really can't say I like S.F. much, though. I'm pretty ready to go home. Tomorrow were going to try and have a bit more of a low key day and see if that settles every ones tempers.

1 comment:

veganmomma said...

I know this is going to sound mean, but I'm totally picturing you right now with the kids walking through the Tenderloin (perhaps is where) lost. Take it easy tomorrow. Just walk over to golden gate park and relax. There used to be a nice playground with a carousel when I lived there. Also, if you are needing a playground, I always liked the one on Lake St., it isn't too far off from Bok Choy Garden. Lake runs parallel to Clement. Not like you'd walk but just for geographical purposes. Ok, so did I say take it easy?
and are you guys planning to head into marin (across golden gate bridge). the marine mammal center is small but i like the idea and it is mellow over there.