Thursday, June 7, 2007

Super Easy Bread

The recipe Outrageously Easy BIG Bread from vegweb was so talked about over at the Vegan Freak forums that I just had to try it.
http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=5716.0


This recipe was so easy it made me regret buying my bread machine. You stir everything together briefly, no kneading. It it sits for 45 minutes. You divide it in half and shape it. Then let it sit for 45 minutes again. Preheat your oven and you bake it for 20 something minutes. How fast is that!


I used 4 cups of whole wheat pastry flour and 2 cups of unbleached white flour. I made one loaf in a bread pan and 6 rolls on a cookie sheet. About every 7 minutes I used a spray bottle to spritz water in the oven to give it a nice golden crust.


This is such an easy recipe to fool around with. Nuts and seeds. Cinnamon and raisins. Cinnamon rolls. Bread Sticks...... yum

No comments: