Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Crispy Peanut Butter Cookies

Well, this recipe is from Vegan with a Vengeance by Isa Moskowitz. I've read a pretty even split of this recipe being just fine or it not being right. So, I followed some of the tips that I read. Such as making sure to let them cool on the cookie sheet before moving so that they don't crumble and when mixing the dough let it keep going for awhile.

They taste......alright. Not amazing, not awful. I let the first batch sit for the recommended 3 minutes on the baking pan before trying to transfer to the cooling rack. 1/3 of them broke and didn't make it. The second batch I let cool on the rack for 10 minutes. 2 of the 11 still broke.

So if by crispy she means crumbly and dry, then yah they're crispy. I melted some chocolate to spread on top and that's the only thing not sucking all of the moisture out of my mouth. Will I make this recipe again? Probably not. Will I finish eating this batch? You can count on it.

No comments: