Friday, January 4, 2008

Supercharge me!

I have no pictures and didn't even think to take one until after I had polished off the last cookie. That's how good Dreena Burton's SuperCharge Me cookies are.

I had a major craving for a cookie but we have been eating sweets nonstop since right before Christmas. It's not like I ever really abstain from sweets, so for me to say we ate to many is really saying something. I cracked anyway and decided to make cookies. When I was looking through my books I came across SuperCharge Me and decided that might be slightly healthier then many of the other recipes.

These cookies are so amazing. I'm not a batter eater for baked goods but I nearly licked the bowl clean for these. I knew if the dough was that good that the cookies would be amazing. I chose to use cranberries instead of raisins and I added the optional chocolate chips, of course. After trying the first cookie I realized that I would have been perfectly happy without the chocolate.

There is no sugar in these cookies, it's all maple syrup. I used cashew butter as my nut butter of choice. There is a full 1/3 cup of flax meal. I didn't use spelt flour because I don't have it, but they turned out fine. Next time I'll use whole wheat pastry instead of unbleached white flour.

This is a slightly disjointed post but I had to share.

2 comments:

Ruby Red Vegan said...

I've been looking at this recipe too, so thanks! Now I know it is worth making! (And I'll copy you and use cranberries too...)

Anonymous said...

Many jewelers have personnel links jewellery on staff that is able to create a unique piece of jewelry to your specifications, links of london bracelet sale and if there are no personnel that can accomplish this task, links of london charms sale they can order it specially made for you. Not only do you have links of london womens watches the option of making this piece exactly the way you want it links of london rings sale to look, but no one will have one exactly like it. links of london necklaces sale Unique diamond jewelry does not have to be gaudy, but many people think gaudy is gorgeous.