Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Chocolate, chocolate everywhere....

I may be having a slight love affair with chocolate right now. Not that there isn't always a minor lust factor there. Ever since I had that peppermint Ritter Sport bar at Christmas I've been dying for more. I finally couldn't take it anymore and attempted my own.

They cut the craving but weren't as good. I'm not sure if I'd rather order a case of Ritter or work on the recipe. Which option do you think would have me eating more chocolate?
Is it hot in here? No, that's just me using 2 tablespoons of chili powder instead of 2 TEASPOONS. Honestly, these Potato and Kale Enchiladas with Roasted Chilie Sauce was still excellent. This recipe is from Vcon and slightly labor intensive. The book says 1 hour but it took me much longer. That's even with me not rolling enchiladas. I took the easy way out and made the casserole version. Raise your hand if you're surprised at my laziness.

This really is a great recipe. Even with the extra spice we loved it. Even Isaac ate it, spice and all.
I've had a crush on those donut pans for awhile now but never got desperate enough to order one. Over the weekend I came across one in a kitchen shop and couldn't resist. It was even on sale!

I can't lie and say I didn't want a chocolate donut but there are so many good things said about Lolo's recipe, from VeganYumYum, that I had to start there. These were very tasty. I know that sprinkles don't really have much flavor but donuts just seem better with them. I don't get it.
We made tacos with the Last-Minute Chili and Taco Filling from Vive le Vegan! and it was pretty good. Joe liked eating better just as chili and I liked mine better on tortilla chips. There is still some left in the fridge that is screaming NACHOS to me. Isaac ate his but didn't really have much to say about it.
What the hell does a vegan eat anyway? Well, Coconut Tofu with Curry Dipping Sauce. I was in love with this meal. I only had red curry paste, which I like better, but other then that substitute I left the recipe alone. This was amazing. Crunchy, spicy, creamy, sweet..... Just wonderful. Isaac and Joe both liked this, Isaac most of all. Ramsey ate the crust off but not the tofu. I don't really understand her.
And from The Joy of Vegan Baking we have Hearty Spiced Cocoa Muffins. The immediate and extended family all loved these muffins. I'm more of a fruit muffin person but I thought they were pretty good. I probably won't make them again unless someone requests them. If you like sweet muffins try this recipe out.

Stepping onto soapbox. In my opinion, insanely sweet breakfast muffins are kind of silly. This may seem contrary to my sweet toothed nature but hear me out. I figure the step between a chocolate muffin and chocolate cupcake is minuscule. Might as well have the cupcake. + frosting
I also made the Pumpkin Waffles from VWAV. For the life of me I could not get them to stop sticking to the waffle iron. Finally we gave up and ate all the mangled waffles. The pumpkin flavor was awesome. The smallest to the tallest sang this meals praises. I'll try making these again but I have to find some way to get them to stop sticking.
Have a good week!

1 comment:

veganmomma said...

Donuts and you didn't call!!! I have such an addiction to them, but rarely get to fulfill it. Everything looks so yummy and great.
When I make the waffles, I use some of that cooking spray on the iron. Mine didn't stick at all...? The littlest of my clan is sick with a fever so I won't be able to give you those $2 I owe you today. I'm not forgetting though!