Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Cookies with Sizzle

I was reading someones blog about chocolate with chili peppers in it and I started thinking that would be tasty in a cookie. I grabbed up a bar of dark chocolate with chili pepper and chopped it up into chocolate chip size pieces. I used my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, Dreena Burtons, and added in a bit of cinnamon.

The results were good. The cookies spread a little bit thinner then I like. Next time will call for a touch more flour. The spice from the chocolate went nicely with the cinnamon. These would be perfect with coffee or tea. I don't really like either one but if you do.....

For dinner we had one of our favorites again, Dreena Burton's Celebrity patties. I made a double batch so that I would have a lot to freeze. I cook them all up in the skillet when I first make them and then put them in the toaster oven to reheat them after they've been frozen.

Everyone in our house loves these. I love having some put by in the freezer for when I'm in a rush or one of the kids (Ramsey) has snubbed their nose at what ever I made for dinner. They are great on buns like a burger as well.

If you still haven't tried these patties I suggest you hop to.

No comments: