Saturday, May 3, 2008

Raspberry-Chocolate Chip Blondie Bars

I heard rave reviews over this blondie recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance. I'm not the biggest blondie fan, it's all about brownies yo. But I decided to give them a shot.

First off the recipe goes into a 9x13" pan. That's a lot! Second, I baked beyond the allotted time but still they seemed doughy in the middle. When it came time to eat them I thought that they were ok but not amazing.

They felt a little more cakey then what I expect of a brownie or a blondie. The taste didn't do that much for me either, they were just sweet. We never made it much further then the first row. These ended up being pawned off.
These were not a big success in my book, or blog as the case may be, but a die hard blondie fan might feel differently.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sad to admit they weren't my favorite either. I think I'm simply not a blondie fan?

Robb & Nancy said...

I made them in a 9x13 pan which allows them to cook more. Since I LOVE chocolate, I have to admit, I added chips to the batter as well as sprinkling them on top - much better.

Unknown said...

Would you mind emailing me this recipe? I've had a friend make it for me a couple times and I love it. The only problem is that she's not very responsible and won't get the recipe to me. Do you think that you could email it to me? czearing@gmail.com I would really appreciate it!!

Unknown said...

Also, it's pretty good made with strawberries too!

Anonymous said...

Please email me the raspberry blondie recipe out of VwaV to if you could

Eve4Life2000@yahoo.com

Thank you