Thursday, December 18, 2008

Random

I would love to be in one of my kids mind for a hour. This thought pops into my head constantly. The one immediately following it is that I would never find my way back out. I know it's not just my kids but children's thoughts have no pattern that I'm able to understand.

Case #1

We are all in the car today on the way to Joe's work. We are discussing reindeer. In the middle of this discussion Ramsey asks, "Do you stand up on a unicycle?"

Where the hell did that come from? The previous conversation continued after a brief explanation to her question.

Case #2

We are again in the car driving to pick up hamster food. (Anyone who has read my blog before may possibly be thinking, 'Hmm, she's never mentioned a hamster.' Yah, Isaac had $20. Isaac now has a hamster named Comet.) Anyway, we're in the car talking about what hamsters eat when Isaac informs me that, "Leeches live everywhere. That includes Santee."

Ok. I've never seen one of these legendary leeches. Are they in our toilets? According to Isaac they can breathe under water but only on land for 11 minutes. I love when he pulls facts like that out of no where.

So, while I would love to ride their train of thought to see how it gets from A to Q, I'm not sure I'd survive the trip.

1 comment:

Susan G said...

Hysterical! My kids are 4, 6 and 9 so I can relate.